The Litchfield Historical Society is excited to announce the return of Scarecrows in the Meadow, a community event for families to celebrate the end of the harvest season!
Scarecrows will be on display October 16th through 31st.
- REGISTERING: Register to decorate a scarecrow by Monday, September 27th
- PICK UP: Framing materials will be available for pick up starting October 4th between 9:00-5:00 at the Litchfield History Museum (7 South St.)
- DROP-OFF: Completed scarecrows can be dropped off at the Tapping Reeve House and Law School (82 South Street) on Thursdays- Sundays, or at the Litchfield History Museum on Mondays-Wednesdays. Drop-off time is between 9:00-5:00. All scarecrows must be delivered to by 9:00 am on Saturday, October 16th at the latest.
- SCARECROW GUIDELINES
- The Historical Society will provide the frame and contributors will provide the decorations and stuffing. Frames can be used as is, altered, or not used at all.
- Businesses and organizations are welcome to represent themselves. We encourage participants to be creative!
- Scarecrows can be made of any materials you choose but must be constructed to withstand the weather.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste. No entry will be accepted that is offensive or upsetting. No political statements. We reserve the right to remove any entry that does not meet these standards.
- Please be advised that no security will be available, and the Litchfield Historical Society is not responsible for loss or damage to any entries.
- A Scarecrow Bio and Participants name will be displayed with every entry.
- TAKE DOWN: Scarecrows will be taken down by the Litchfield Historical Society on Monday, November 1st. Participants who would like their materials back can arrange from them to be picked up. Unclaimed scarecrows will be taken apart, recycled, or disposed of.
QUESTIONS: For questions, contact 860-567-4501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org