Mourning Watercolor by Ellen Ogden
Mourning Watercolor by E. Ogden
Made by Students
watercolor and ink on paper
25" x 32"
This mourning watercolor is believed to be currently housed in a private collection. It was sold at Sotheby's Auction House in New York, the April 22-25, 1999 sale of the Estate of Mrs. John Hay Whitney, Lot #1081. The auction catalog attributes the piece to the Royse school in Hartford but it is extremely similar to other watercolor's produced by documented Litchfield Female Academy students at the same time.
- Mourning Watercolor by Sarah Turney Trubee
- Mourning Watercolor by Julia Ann Burr
- Mourning Watercolor by Delia Coe
- Mourning Watercolor Picture by Ruth Upson Pardee
- Mourning Watercolor by Polly McQueen
- Mourning Watercolor for Achsah Catlin, Elizabeth Catlin and Truman Catlin by Elizabeth Catlin Cooke
Contact UsDo you have more information for the Ledger?
If you have family papers, objects, or any other details you would like to share, or if you would like to obtain a copy of an image for publication, please contact us.