By Lee S. Cook
Title: Annie Laura Carley collection, 1728-1848
Extent: 16.0 Folders
Date Acquired: 00/00/1962
Forms of Material: Account books, Deeds, Receipts
Scope and Contents of the Materials
This collection consists of Smith family papers, primarily Lemuel Smith and his family, who lived in the Northfield section of Litchfield. Within the collection are deeds, a few financial records and probate records, and a surveyor's record book (1807).
Litchfield Historical Society
This collection is open for research.
Estate of Annie Laura Carley.
For more information please see http://www.litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org.
Annie Laura Carley collection, Litchfield Historical Society, Helga J. Ingraham Memorial Library, 7 South St., P.O. Box 385, Litchfield, Connecticut 06759.
Not fully processed.
Finding Aid Revision History:
Item level description is available in the Society's card catalog.
This collection was processed with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR).
Box and Folder Listing Browse by Folder:
[Folder 1: Lemuel Smith deeds, 1801-1846
[Folder 2: Lemuel Smith deeds, 1797-1837
[Folder 3: Lemuel Smith financial records, 1799-1848
[Folder 4: Smith family probate records, 1821, undated
[Folder 5: Lemuel Smith and Levi Catlin surveyor's record book, 1807
[Folder 6: Asahel Booth deed, 1811 Apr 17
[Folder 7: Stone, Starr & Co. bill, 1853 Apr 14
[Folder 8: Benjamin Webster land survey, 1728 May 3
- Folder 1: Lemuel Smith deeds, 1801-1846
- Three deeds for land in Northfield Society, Litchfield to Lemuel Smith of Litchfield. Grantors are David L. Beecher, Asahel Booth, and Noah Garnsey. Also a mortgage from Origen S. Seymour.
- Folder 2: Lemuel Smith deeds, 1797-1837
- Seven deeds to Lemuel Smith of Litchfield from other Smith family members.
- Folder 3: Lemuel Smith financial records, 1799-1848
- Five bills, tax receipts. and accounts.
- Folder 4: Smith family probate records, 1821, undated
- Three iitems including an undated distribution to Lemuel Smith and Ann M. Smith's settlement of accounts with Lemuel Smith, dated April 7, 1821.
- Folder 5: Lemuel Smith and Levi Catlin surveyor's record book, 1807
- Folder 6: Asahel Booth deed, 1811 Apr 17
- Asahel Booth of Litchfield deed to Amos Smith of Litchfield for land in South Farms Society, Litchfield. Witnessed by James Morris and Seth Farnum, Jr.
- Folder 7: Stone, Starr & Co. bill, 1853 Apr 14
- Bill from Stone, Starr & Co. in New York to Levi D. Smith for fabrics.
- Folder 8: Benjamin Webster land survey, 1728 May 3
- Survey of land laid out to Benjamin Webster, for his second 100 acre division, on the east side of Bantam River. Signed by Edward Phelps and Samuel Culver and recorded in the Litchfield Land Records, v.1, p. 121.