Edwin McNeil railroad surveys, 1848
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description:

The Edwin McNeil railroad surveys (1911-24-0) are contained in two small bound volumes from 1848. The volumes, created by engineer Edwin McNeil, contain survey notes, sketches, and measurements regarding the Canandaigua and Corning Railroad.

The Canandaigua and Corning Railroad Company was incorporated by the act of the Legislature passed May 14, 1845. The name was changed to the Canandaigua and Elmira Railroad Company on March 8, 1850, and later became the Elmira, Jefferson and Canandaigua Railroad. It was originally chartered for the purpose of constructing a railroad from Canandaigua, New York to Corning, New York.

Currently housed in 3A Box 17.

Held at:
Litchfield Historical Society
7 South Street, P.O. Box 385
Litchfield, CT 6759
Phone: 860-567-4501
Fax: 860-567-3565
Email: archivist [at] litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org
Record Series Number: 00/1911-24-0
Created by: McNeil, Edwin
Volume: 0.0
Acquired: 00/00/1911.
Access Restrictions: The collection is open for research.
Subject Index
Canandaigua and Corning Railroad Company
Land surveying
Genres/Forms of Material
Land surveys
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: Copyright has been transferred to the Litchfield Historical Society for materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s) of this collection. Copyright status for other collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Acquisition Notes: Mr. D.C. Kilbourn  Gift
PreferredCitation: Edwin McNeil railroad surveys (1911-24-0), Litchfield Historical Society, Helga J. Ingraham Memorial Library, P.O. Box 385, 7 South Street, Litchfield, Connecticut, 06759.