South Farms Inn and Litchfield Springs Co. correspondence, 1904
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Four letters (2013-129-0) concerning the hotel and business at the South Farms Inn property in Morris, Conn. Originally a boarding house owned by Horatio Benton, it was known as the South Farms Inn in 1898 and into the early 1900s. Owned by the Litchfield Springs Co. of New York for a few years starting in 1901, it was hailed as a health resort with medicinal mineral springs. Some of the spring waters were bottled and sold. Plans to develop the resort into another Saratoga Springs type resort never materialized; liens and attachments were placed on the property and after various mortgages, it was sold to the White Memorial Foundation in 1913.
Held at:
Litchfield Historical Society
7 South Street, P.O. Box 385
Litchfield, CT 6759
Phone: 860-567-4501
Fax: 860-567-3565
Email: archivist [at] litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org
Record Series Number: 00/2013-129-0
Volume: 4.0 Items
Acquired: 10/29/2013.
Access Restrictions: The collection is open for research.
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Acquisition Notes: Adam Langlands  Museum purchase
Other Formats: For more information please see http://www.litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org.
PreferredCitation: South Farms Inn and Litchfield Springs Co. correspondence (2013-129-0), Litchfield Historical Society, Helga J. Ingraham Memorial Library, P.O.Box 385, 7 South Street, Litchfield, Connecticut 06759.